Friday 14 December 2012

All I want for Christmas is a few back teeth..........

I heard a rumour that Christmas is only 11 days away.......
We are getting into the spirit for our first Christmas in Cuenca.
We put up lights on the balcony and I have decorated a bit with a few of my favourite ornaments from Canada, as well as some new Ecuadorian decorations.
We are having a few friends over for Christmas dinner. It will be the first Christmas for all of us to be away from our families. We will miss our traditional Canada family Christmas.
Everything is going to be so different, but we will be starting new traditions in our new home.........
We have found everything we need for a Turkey dinner, except for cranberry sauce......I am going to try to make a substitute using dried cranberries. I roasted a pumpkin today to make pie and Doug and I made our Christmas chocolates.
We went to a Christmas party last week end and met several new people.
We met a couple from Vancouver at the grocery store last week and they have invited us to an "old fashion Canadian Christmas" party next week. How cool is that??!! Total strangers striking up a conversation in the grocery store and inviting us into their home! Can you imagine that happening at your local Safeway?
Our weather has been warming up nicely. We get a bit of rain in the afternoons, but each day it is getting warmer. We may be having our Christmas feast on the balcony....

For the past two months I have been going to the dentist almost on a daily basis. I have a two week break now, and I think I will be able to eat most of the things on our Christmas menu..............

I have a lot of work to be done, as I was born without 6 of my permanent teeth and have worn out the ones I have......
I would never have been able to afford this work back in Canada without taking out a loan......
I have had a bone graft that is coming along nicely and have the prep work done for 3 crowns and a bridge. In 4 months the bone graft will be strong enough for the implants. That will take care of the uppers. In February we start the work on the lowers.
When it is all done, I will have had a bone graft, two implants, 10 crowns, 2  bridges, 5 veneers, 2 root canals, and I will have a gorgeous new smile and a full set of teeth for the first time in my adult life! All for less then the cost of the 2 implants back home.......
  The dental work I am receiving is very modern and my dentist is very caring.  I would recommend coming here for dental needs to any one. The money you can save could pay for the trip!
Unlike back home, in the two months he has been seeing me, my dentist has not asked for a payment. He set up the plan for the work, gave us a quote, and doesn't expect to be paid until the work is completed ...
I have pictures to post, but they will have to wait till later....hubby says  it is time to sit on the deck and watch the world go bye for a while. It's 5 oclock, it's about 73 degrees here in Cuenca and LIFE IS GOOD...............






3 comments:

  1. Hi Diana,
    My wife is considering having a similar amount of dental work done in Cuenca. Would you mind sharing the name of your doctor, and an estimate of the cost involved? Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of you want to leave me your email, I will respond with more in depth Info.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete