Sunday 17 June 2012

Gone in 60 seconds...............

For several days, I have been taking pictures of odd and different things, and documenting a day in our life with pictures.
The last picture I took was of the fireworks at the Festival in Calderon Park. I took the pictures, put my the camera in my pocket, took four steps thru the crowd to Doug, reached back in my pocket for the camera and it was gone! In less then 60 seconds!  I remember being bumped into as I turned towards Doug, and now I realize that that was most likely a pickpocket.
New lesson learned...............attach items to my body! We thought we were being careful by leaving our packs at home and just putting a few essentials into our pockets, but apparently more dilligence is required. This isn't something that happens only  in Cuenca, it happens all over the world.

I am now taking Spanish lessons. My brain is very rusty, and I cannot seem to absorb anything! hopefully I will be able to retrain my brain to learn............

We are settled into our temporay apartment and continue to venture out each day to explore the city.

We have found a dentist, and both had appointments Friday. Doug is going to get his dentures replaced. It is only going to cost a third of what it would cost in Canada, and by next Friday, he will have his new set.
I go back Monday to see what options the dentist has come up with for me. My last dentist at home, came up with a plan that was to cost 12 thousand dollars to do implants and replace what needed to be fixed.................

Today is Fathers Day and Doug and I set out to enjoy a walk about town an what is one of the nicest days we have had yet.
Here a few pictures to share with you. I borrowed these, since I don't currently have a camera............


Imbabura Volcanoe

                                              Beautiful blue skies.
                                              Mercado 9 de Octubre. My favorite market
                                                       The flower market.


                                            Sweets for sale at the Festival.      

My favorite building on the Tomebamba waetrfront.


                                          Local women on the streets in El Centro.

These Iinca ruins are located right in the city.



                A typical Ecuatorian dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment