Tuesday 7 February 2012

Want it or need it?....That is the question.

We have decided to splurge on shipping one crate via Air cargo.
The crate will include Doug's golf clubs and my sewing machine.
After that, it's all a matter of "need" it or "wan"t it.
Now my sorting and sifting has  a new categorey. "Things I would like to keep."  I can already see that this categorey is going to have to be subdivided, as I have already exceeded my "share" of the crate. This may have created mote problems than we bargained for! Once you make the decision to keep some things, it gets harder to choose what to keep........ easier, perhaps, not to ship at all?

2 comments:

  1. I have been putting photos on a disc.....
    We have a few special things in frames and are going to put them in with the "to come later" items......
    Is there any thing you wish you had taken with you, but didn't?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Diana, thanks for your blog - so helpful and reassuring to us. We just met with an estate sales agent yesterday and we are bringing very few things. I'm interested in the costs for shipping. I'm in a quandry over whether to bring my sewing machine, but my husband definitely will have a couple of guitars and an amp. I'm wondering if it would be cheaper to just check them in as extra luggage or ship in a crate. Thanks for any input.

    ReplyDelete